Sunday, April 13, 2014

Drama Queens

Their lives run a muck and they pull me in without warning.
They drown me in their sorrows.
They rack at what I have to give.
They tare away my kindness.
They live on the attention that I am forced to give.
They suck me dry like leeches.
I can't break free.
I can't get away.
I am stuck here in this cage they threw me in.
I was only trying to help.
I only wanted to make them feel better.
I didn't know that I was their next source.
I didn't know that they were going to strip me down and skin away my happiness.
I thought I could make them happy.
I thought I could brighten up their lives.
No.
They live on the stuff.
The live on the pain,
The attention,
The misery,
The dread.
They live on what I am able to give them.
They survive solely on my ear and input.
I am losing so much and I cannot escape.
I cannot break free.
I cannot run away.
I am drowning in their self-pity.
Help me.
Help.

No comments: